White Sage Hydrosol is a product from SageDreaming.
Spray container with 100 mls of hydrosol liquid.
Hydrosols are the aromatic remains after the steam-distillation process occurs. At SageDreaming they are careful to utilise every part of their plants. The fronds and leaves dislodged during the hand harvesting and tethering processes are collected and placed in their on-site steam distillation unit. The distillation process produces the White Sage Essential Oil and then collects the condensate (hydrolat) which is known at White Sage Hydrosol.
The White Sage Hydrosol is gentle enough to be used directly on the skin and are safe enough to use on children and pets. The Hydrosol is also popular with body lotion/product manufacturers, for this reason, and in the making of room sprays and linen mists. The White Sage Hydrosol is also very popular for use in other herbal preparations. The name of the genus Salvia, was derived from the Latin “salvere” to be saved. In reference to its early traditional use in many cultures to successfully combat illness, disease, heal wounds and clear the head. Today White Sage is incorporated into wellness practices for the same reasons: To bolster against infection, refresh our state of mind, and purify our surroundings. It’s chemical composition is rich in Ketones and supported Monoterpenes and Oxides.
Its Aromatic description – Fresh – Grassy – Herbaceous – Camphorous – Clearing
• Common Name: Sage Hydrosol / Hydrolat/ White Sage (salvia apiana distillate water)
• Fragrance: Mid to Base
• Colour: Clear to pale yellow
• Farming Method: Organic & 100% Pure and Natural, hand harvested/hand tethered (higher energy than machine cutting)
• Extraction Method: Steam distillation
• Country of Origin: Victoria, Australia
• Part of Plant Used: Dried leaves & fronds
In terms of Aromatherapy applications:
Very drying for damp conditions, especially in situations of fungal or yeast overgrowth, reduces inflammation, eases muscles pains and aches, wound healing, reparative, regenerative, promotes the action of “flow” and “letting go.”
The White Sage Hydrosol is astringent and is suitable for normal to oily skin. In massage and mist applications, it is considered a circulatory stimulant. It helps balance the hormones and autonomic nervous system and may be helpful in easing the symptoms of menopause, PMS and menstrual cramps.
It can be effective in reducing underarm and foot sweating, particularly if the sweating is correlated with an imbalance in the parasympathetic/sympathetic nervous system.
For skincare, White Sage Hydrosol is quite astringent, and can make a wonderful toner for oily skin, or treatment for a very oily scalp.
Research has shown that due to its unique molecular composition has demonstrated these activities in the laboratory: Antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antibacterial, antiviral, detoxifying, digestive, disinfectant, and expectorant.
Psyche & Emotions
It offers clearing, strengthens will, promotes courage, connects our breath to our mind, helps us let go so we can move forward, and directs us to tap into our inner wisdom. (it’s great to spray onto your head crown and then rub across your 3rd eye to assist with intuition!)
• Generally regarded as safe.
• Keep away from mucous membranes as it may cause skin sensitivity.
• Perform a patch test before use.
• Use caution if nursing/breastfeeding (not recommended for use during pregnancy).
• Not recommended for use with infants.
• Do not ingest.
Do not use if you have a high blood pressure condition.
• If stored in a cool and dry place, shelf life is approximately 12-24 months.
• Keep container tightly closed in a cool well-ventilated place.
• Keep away from oxidising agents, heat, direct light, and open flame.
• To prolong the shelf life, we recommend hydrosols be stored in the refrigerator from the time of purchase.
White Sage is one of the ‘big guns’ in herbalism, and SageDreaming White Sage Hydrosol carries many of the same effects. White Sage is reputed to be a hormone balancer, helping regulate the menstrual cycle, and easing symptoms of menopause. It’s also recommended as a lymphatic stimulant. Perhaps a compress on swollen lymph nodes.